Aquacel Ag + Extra 5x5cm
Free Delivery on orders over $50
AQUACEL® Ag+Extra disrupts and destroys biofilm by combining the power of MORE THAN SILVER™ and Hydrofiber™ technology.
- Provides an antimicrobial barrier to protect the wound bed
- Absorbs high amounts of wound fluid and bacteria
- Creates a soft, cohesive gel that intimately conforms to the wound surface, maintains a moist environment and aids in the removal of non-viable tissue from the wound (autolytic debridement)
- The ionic silver in the dressing kills pathogenic microorganisms, both planktonic and within bacterial biofilms, including wound bacteria, yeasts and moulds
- Disrupts and absorbs biofilm, prevents biofilm formation/reformation and increases the efficiency of silver transfer to microorganisms
Hydrofiber™ Ag+ contains ionic silver (1.2 % w/w) in the Hydrofiber® component: Ionic silver is an antimicrobial agent, effective against a broad spectrum of wound microbes, including antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
The content of silver in AQUACEL™ Ag+ dressing dressing is relatively low yet it has demonstrated rapid and sustained antimicrobial effects observed for at least 7 days.
Strengthening fibre: The dressing is constructed from two layers of optimally textiled 77 g/m2 Hydrofiber™ stitchbonded together using Lyocell yarns.
Additionally, the fibres contain low levels of excipients that will enhance the rate of the dressing's antimicrobial effect and its ability to control, disrupt and remove colonies of surface-attached bacteria.
The excipients are benzethonium chloride (BEC surfactant) and di-sodium EDTA dihydrate (EDTA a chelating agent).
Spend over $50 on any online order to receive FREE delivery. Orders below $50 will incur a $7.95 inc GST.
Click here to view Independence Australia's complete shipping policy.